Installing carpet can now be far more simple as carpet tiles are available to buy. It is often hard to tell the difference between carpet rolls and carpet tiles once they have been installed. A key difference between the two is the ease with which you can install carpet tiles. Carpet tiles come in various sizes and designs which makes it easy to cover your floor, no matter what your specific requirements are. Unlike carpet rolls, which almost always need extra elbow grease just for it to fit perfectly on your floor; carpet tiles are easier to install and can be done by just about anybody. Because of these advantages, carpet tiles are one of the most sought-after solutions to covering floors without exerting too much effort.
Commercial carpet tiles, also known as modular carpet tiles, are mainly used for areas such as offices or commercial locations. These are heavy duty carpet tiles that are specifically designed to tolerate excessive foot traffic and even repel coffee stains and dirt. This type of carpet tile can also be used in your home if you want something that can last a long time. If you have a large floor area in your home, you can inquire from a manufacturer or distributor, if you can be given a wholesale or bulk price. Buying in bulk can save you a lot of money.You can also search for clearance stock as most retailers would sell their old stock cheapely to make way for the new range.
How to Install Carpet Tiles in Melbourne
Now that you have purchased enough carpet tiles for your floor area, it is now time to install. Some carpet tiles that can be installed with adhesives, while others do not need any kind of adhesive. These non-adhesive tiles are simply laid side-by-side after the room has been measured and the tiles have been cut to size where needed. For either types of carpet tile, the preparation should always start with ensuring that the floor area is clean and dry. The cracks and holes on the floors should also be filled in. It is always best to start in the middle. This way, there is less chance that the placement of the carpet tiles is asymmetrical.
Here are some tips to take note of when installing carpet tiles which require you to apply your own adhesive:
- Use a heavy-duty paint roller to apply the adhesive. Cover the underside of the tile completely.
- There are adhesives that require the use of a spray set. If you are using this, make sure that the underside of the tile is fully covered with the adhesive.
- When applying adhesive, be sure to spread thinly on the tile.
- Before laying the tile on the floor, make sure that the adhesive is dry. Test it by touching with your finger. If the adhesive stays in place, it is now ready to be laid on the floor.
- For best results, use a 100-pound roller over the tiles. This ensures the tile will remain attached to the floor.
Choosing the right carpet tile for your home will ultimately depend on your personal preferences. But this option remains a cheap alternative to carpet rolls and other flooring styles.