The cost of bamboo flooring installed in Melbourne depends on these factors:
- Bamboo Flooring thickness; most of the available bamboo floors in the market are 14 mm thick but there are some cheaper 12 mm versions that we do not recommend!
- Products width; varies from 115 up to 190 mm wide, the most popular width premium bamboo floor is around 130 mm.
- Installation cost: depends on the experience of the installer start from $18 per m2 up to $30.
- Required accessories: 3mm EPE underlay, quads or scotia matching color with the floor, and metal trims normally required for installation of new floor and will add to the cost of the project.
- Removal of the existing floor; cheapest old floor to be removed is carpet which is around $7 per m2 to remove and dispose of, timber and tile are much harder to remove and expensive to dispose though.
- subfloor preparation; most of the subfloors require to be ground down or filled up using compound leveling even newly built buildings!
The cost of having bamboo flooring installed in a standard size living, dining, and hallway would be around $3900 excluding the cost of old floor removal and subfloor preparation.