Cost of bamboo flooring depends on these factors:
- tickness; most of bamboo floors in the market are 14 mm but there are some cheaper 12 mm versions which we do not recommend!
- width; it is varies from 115 up to 190 mm wide, most popular width is around 130 mm.
- installation cost: depends on the experience of the installer start from $18 per m2 up to $30.
- accessories: the underlay, quads and metal trims normally required for installation of bamboo floors and will add to the cost of the project.
- removal of existing floor; cheapest floor to be removed is carpet which is around $7 per m2 to remove and dispose, timber and tile are much harder to remove and expensive to dispose though.
- subfloor preparation; most of the subfloors require to be grinded down or filled up using compound leveling even new built buildings!
Cost of having bamboo flooring installed in a standard size living, dining and hallway would be around $3900 excluding cost of old floor removal and subfloor preparation.